Pizza Roll-Up Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Unroll dough into one long rectangle; top with spinach, beef, roasted peppers and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with onion powder and pepper. Top with basil.
- 3. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tuck ends under and pinch seam to seal. Place roll-up on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz top and sides with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into scant 1-in. slices. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
2 slices with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce equals 316 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 824 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.