- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Unroll dough into one long rectangle; top with spinach, beef, roasted peppers and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with onion powder and pepper. Top with basil.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tuck ends under and pinch seam to seal. Place roll-up on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz top and sides with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into scant 1-in. slices. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pizza Roll-Up
"Wonderful recipe! Even my picky eaters who think they don't like vegetables liked this one. Delish!"
"Just made this recipe today. My family loved it. I will absolutely make it again. Plus it will be so easy to play with other ingredients to fit all individual tastes and use any leftovers."
"I'll make it again, but this time hopefully I won't forget the pizza sauce. You might wanna add that to the directions. It's not mentioned which is why I forgot it."
"I can't wait to try this one"