“I live in the Northwoods, and this is a great, hearty dish for brunch or dinner," writes Jan Christofferson of Eagle River, Wisconsin. "It's also tasty made with ground turkey or Italian sausage instead of ground beef.”
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Unroll dough into one long rectangle; top with spinach, beef, roasted peppers and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with onion powder and pepper. Top with basil.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tuck ends under and pinch seam to seal. Place roll-up on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz top and sides with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into scant 1-in. slices. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Roll-Up in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p19
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pizza Roll-Up
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review