Pizza Rigatoni Recipe
Marilyn Cowan from North Manchester, Indiana turns her slow cooker into a pizzeria with this zesty layered casserole. It is loaded with cheese, Italian sausage, pepperoni and pasta.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (one 15 ounces, one 8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the sausage, pasta, cheese, soup, onion, pizza sauce, pepperoni and olives. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 525 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,573 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC