Pizza Rice Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Combine the rice and cottage cheese; spoon half into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1075mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Pizza Rice Casserole
"Quick and easy....."
"My teenagers really enjoyed this casserole. I thought that the rice would add a different flavor to this otherwise italian dish, but it didn't change the taste much at all. I personally found it to be a bit too salty and would cut the salt in half next time or omit it completely. Will make again..."