When my husband and I needed a quick meal, I fixed this recipe using leftover ingredients. Unlike traditional Mexican quesadillas, it calls for Italian meats, cheeses and seasoning. Serve it with a green salad topped with Italian dressing for a simple dinner for two. —Barbara B. Rupert, Edgefield, South Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 thin slices hard salami
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a small saucepan, cook spaghetti sauce over medium-low heat for
- 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Sprinkle
- unbuttered side of two tortillas with mozzarella cheese; top with
- salami and pepperoni. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano. Top
- with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or
- until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with warmed spaghetti
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 quesadilla equals 887 calories, 39 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 2,732 mg sodium,