"For a simple side dish that's sure to appeal to kids, try this twist on traditional pizza," advises Kathy White of Chicopee, Massachusetts. Packaged scalloped potatoes, canned tomatoes and pepperoni slices are combined for fast Italian fare that's delightfully different.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Combine the potatoes and contents of sauce mix in a greased 1-1/2-qt.
- baking dish. In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes, water and
- oregano to a boil. Pour over potatoes. Top with pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes
- are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 342 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,491 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.