- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Combine the potatoes and contents of sauce mix in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes, water and oregano to a boil. Pour over potatoes. Top with pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Potatoes
"My husband and I love this recipe. I've been making it for years. Sometimes I'll change it up a little and use 1/2 lb of browned pork sausage, a small can of mushrooms, and some chopped green pepper instead. Pepperoni still remains our favorite though. My recipe is slightly different. It calls for 1/2 tsp oregano and 2 cups of cheese. I put the cheese on at the same time as everything else. The cheese makes a little crust on the top but that's the way we like it. I bake it, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. This recipe is supposed to feed 4 but we like it so much that sometimes we almost eat the whole thing ourselves. We'll probably be fighting over the leftovers tomorrow :)"