"For a simple side dish that's sure to appeal to kids, try this twist on traditional pizza," advises Kathy White of Chicopee, Massachusetts. Packaged scalloped potatoes, canned tomatoes and pepperoni slices are combined for fast Italian fare that's delightfully different.
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Combine the potatoes and contents of sauce mix in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes, water and oregano to a boil. Pour over potatoes. Top with pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Potatoes in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p44
Reviews for Pizza Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review