Pizza Potato Toppers Recipe
Not only is this recipe quick and easy to make, but it's an economical treat as well. I don't know of a more satisfying way to stretch a half pound of meat! —Sheila Friedrich, Antelope, Montana
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano, basil or parsley, optional
- 1. Bake potatoes in a microwave or conventional oven.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper with onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato and pizza sauce; heat through.
- 3. Split baked potatoes lengthwise; flake potato center with a fork. Spoon meat mixture into each; top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, basil or parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC