Pizza Potato Toppers Recipe
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano, basil or parsley, optional
- 1. Bake potatoes in a microwave or conventional oven.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper with onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato and pizza sauce; heat through.
- 3. Split baked potatoes lengthwise; flake potato center with a fork. Spoon meat mixture into each; top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, basil or parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 486 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Potato Toppers
"Love the recipe a lot"
"I made one with sweet potato as well because my husband prefers sweet potatoes. The whole family enjoyed this, even the teenager."
"This was a hit! I used more hamburger than it called for but am getting extra meals so am very happy! It is a new family favorite.!"
"I found this recipe very tasty! my husband/son raved about it..served with a tossed salad...will make again."
"A great recipe. Easy to make and delicious!"
"Have not made the pizza one but have made this using taco seasoned meat, salsa, sourcream and cheese on baked potatoes for a great quick meal. Delicious"