- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano, basil or parsley, optional
- Bake potatoes in a microwave or conventional oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper with onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato and pizza sauce; heat through.
- Split baked potatoes lengthwise; flake potato center with a fork. Spoon meat mixture into each; top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, basil or parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Potato Toppers
Sort By :
I made one with sweet potato as well because my husband prefers sweet potatoes. The whole family enjoyed this, even the teenager.
This was a hit! I used more hamburger than it called for but am getting extra meals so am very happy! It is a new family favorite.!
I found this recipe very tasty! my husband/son raved about it..served with a tossed salad...will make again.
A great recipe. Easy to make and delicious!
Have not made the pizza one but have made this using taco seasoned meat, salsa, sourcream and cheese on baked potatoes for a great quick meal. Delicious
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >