- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano, basil or parsley, optional
- Bake potatoes in a microwave or conventional oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper with onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato and pizza sauce; heat through.
- Split baked potatoes lengthwise; flake potato center with a fork. Spoon meat mixture into each; top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, basil or parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Potato Toppers
"Love the recipe a lot"
"I made one with sweet potato as well because my husband prefers sweet potatoes. The whole family enjoyed this, even the teenager."
"This was a hit! I used more hamburger than it called for but am getting extra meals so am very happy! It is a new family favorite.!"
"I found this recipe very tasty! my husband/son raved about it..served with a tossed salad...will make again."
"A great recipe. Easy to make and delicious!"