Pepperoni and mozzarella cheese punch up this easy skillet recipe with the pizza taste that kids—and guests of all ages—are sure to love. Vance Werner, Jr. of Franklin, Wisconsin likes to dress this speedy supper up by using Portobello mushrooms and serving with fresh broccoli or green beans.
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove and keep warm. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain.
- Add marinara sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Layer pork with pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p22
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pizza Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review