These individual stuffed pizzas taste delectable with or without the sauce on the side. If you can't make up your mind, prepare half of the calzones with ham and the other half with pepperoni.
Recommended: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces diced fully cooked ham or sliced pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- Warmed spaghetti or pizza sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, ham and garlic powder. Divide each loaf into eight pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 5-in. circle. Place filling in the center of each circle. Bring dough over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with sauce if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Quick Calzones in Best of Country Breads 2000, p109
Reviews for Pizza Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2008
"Do these freeze well? I live alone and am looking for recipes I can make,freeze and take out one at a time for supper. Does it work to freeze the sauce in small portions and freeze?granee2,Oklahoma"