Pizza Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni (about 64 slices)
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed, optional
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with cheeses and pepperoni.
- 2. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 2-in. slices. Place cut side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; lightly press down to flatten.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce if desired. Yield: 8 appetizers.
1 appetizer (calculated without spaghetti sauce) equals 265 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.