Our tasting panel really enjoyed these little treats that taste a lot like a rolled up pizza. With crispy pepperoni and lots of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, what's not to love? Dorothy Smith - El Dorado, Arkansas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni (about 64 slices)
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed, optional
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 10-in.
- rectangle. Sprinkle with cheeses and pepperoni.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 2-in.
- slices. Place cut side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan; lightly press down to flatten.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with
- spaghetti sauce if desired. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer (calculated without spaghetti sauce) equals 265 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.