Pizza Pepperoni Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups Ragú® Chunky Garden Combination
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; set aside.
- 3. Drain pasta. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with spaghetti sauce mixture and pepperoni. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 299 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.