Turkey pepperoni adds classic Italian flavor to this family-friendly main dish that’s done in a flash. It’s ideal for busy weeknights or for satisfying a potluck crowd. Serve with a green salad and breadsticks, and dinner’s done. —Amy Bipes, Topeka, Kansas
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; set aside.
- Drain pasta. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with spaghetti sauce mixture and pepperoni. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Pepperoni Pasta in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p55
Reviews for Pizza Pepperoni Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review