- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; set aside.
- Drain pasta. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with spaghetti sauce mixture and pepperoni. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Pepperoni Pasta
"We thought this was just ok, nothing special. If I try this again I'm going to put in more fresh vegetables and use more cheese. I needed another spice too... maybe the garlic powder the other reviewer suggested. I did like the addition of Worcestershire sauce. I'll be adding that in to other recipes now too. Overall, this was a fine meal, but I doubt I'd make this again."
"My own spin meant the onion, diced tomatoes & Worcestershire were omitted & shredded cheddar stood in for mozzarella. Adding garlic powder could tweak it. Tastes great!"
"I've made this recipe a few times...The kids LOVE it! :)"
"Yummy! If you're using a 24 ounce jar of pasta sauce, just use the whole thing. No need to measure it out. Also, I topped with an 8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese.~ Theresa"
"I also used spaghetti squash in here and stewed tomatoes. it is a keeper indeed!"