- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; set aside.
- Drain pasta. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with spaghetti sauce mixture and pepperoni. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Pepperoni Pasta
"My own spin meant the onion, diced tomatoes & Worcestershire were omitted & shredded cheddar stood in for mozzarella. Adding garlic powder could tweak it. Tastes great!"
"I've made this recipe a few times...The kids LOVE it! :)"
"Yummy! If you're using a 24 ounce jar of pasta sauce, just use the whole thing. No need to measure it out. Also, I topped with an 8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese.~ Theresa"
"I substituted elbow macaroni, added 4 tsp of sugar to the sauce, and squeezed italian turkey sausage (brat style) out of its casing (in place of plain ground turkey). It's nice that the recipe makes a large amount, because we just can't get enough of it!"
"This is so good & so quick/easy. My picky husband loved it and has requested it several times since."