- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the green pepper, onion and Parmesan cheese. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until heated through. Place a patty on the bottom of each bun; drizzle with spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Patties in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p1
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pizza Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review