Pizza Pasta Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 slices turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, water, pepperoni, pesto and pepper. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Stir; cover and bake 15 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 318 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta
"This was really good and also an easy base recipe to tweak as you see fit. I cut it in half for just the two of us, and it was plenty. I also added extra cheese on top. Next time I will add in some green peppers. The only problem I really had was that the edges of some noodles were still a bit crunchy. I might try to keep it in longer next time or put in some extra tomato sauce or something. We'll be making this one again."
"This was really good! I cooked my pasta first and then baked it for a shorter amount of time."
"This recipe was very easy and tasty. Made exactly as directed and turned out great."
"We love it. Husband said I could make it anytime. Didn't use the multigrain bow pasta though."
"Very easy and family friendly."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.