- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato puree, pepperoni, sugar and seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Toss
Sort By :
"I loved this recipe. The ingredients are simple but it tastes delicious. I substituted tomato sauce for the tomato puree. I would add an additional can of tomato sauce to the recipe next time, as it was a little dry."
"This was great, no leftovers! I have super picky kids, so omitted the peppers and mushroom. Still good."
"This was delicious. I used 3 cups of uncooked pasta as I wanted to make more servings. I added onion to the ground beef, mushrooms, and pepper. I also used 2 cans of Italian diced tomatoes instead of the puree and a 14 oz jar of pizza sauce. My family loved it. It was a nice twist on a goulash-type dish."
"This was just O.K. I thought the sauce was a little too bland. Not my favorite."
"We used the mini turkey pepperoni. I also used canned mushrooms because I didn't have fresh on hand. Loved it. Kids love this one too. You can make put in fridge for those active kids to scoop and heat when on the run."