- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato puree, pepperoni, sugar and seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Toss
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. More importantly my teenage grandsons love this! They do not like mushrooms so I add a little extra green or red pepper and skip the mushrooms when making it for them. I've also used ziti and it is great! The flavors are so pizza like and the smell is mouth watering! Easy, quick, delicious! What more could you ask for?"
"I loved this recipe. The ingredients are simple but it tastes delicious. I substituted tomato sauce for the tomato puree. I would add an additional can of tomato sauce to the recipe next time, as it was a little dry."
"This was great, no leftovers! I have super picky kids, so omitted the peppers and mushroom. Still good."
"This was delicious. I used 3 cups of uncooked pasta as I wanted to make more servings. I added onion to the ground beef, mushrooms, and pepper. I also used 2 cans of Italian diced tomatoes instead of the puree and a 14 oz jar of pizza sauce. My family loved it. It was a nice twist on a goulash-type dish."
"This was just O.K. I thought the sauce was a little too bland. Not my favorite."