Pizza Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper; shake well.
- 2. Drain pasta; rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pasta. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 382 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Salad
"It was quite good. I made the mistake of preparing 2 days in advance to save time during the weekdays. All of dressing was absorbed up by the pasta. Next time, I'll make closer to when I need it. I'll also use less cheese because I have some non hard cheese eaters in the house."
"I made this for a party on the weekend and took the leftovers to work on Monday. It was a hit both places. I made 1.5 times the recipe since the pasta I wanted came in a 12 ounce box. I followed the dressing directions pretty closely except that I used Italian seasoning instead of oregano and I had some grated Romano cheese that I mixed with the grated Parmesan. I eyeballed most of the actual salad ingredient amounts, but I think I stayed pretty close to the amounts in the recipe. This will be my go-to pasta salad recipe. Even my 91-year-old dad liked it."
"I make this with turkey pepperoni and it is wonderful! My son loves it and it really does taste like pizza. YUMM!"
"We made this for a 4th of July picnic. We got nothing but compliments. We would make it again, in fact we made it the next day for another picnic."