Pizza Pasta Pie Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a bowl, beat one egg. Stir in the spaghetti, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and butter; mix well. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread spinach over top.
- 2. In a bowl, lightly beat the remaining egg. Stir in cottage cheese and remaining Parmesan. Spread over spinach. Combine pizza sauce, carrot, mushrooms, oregano, basil and garlic powder; pour over cottage cheese mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 193 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.