- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, beat one egg. Stir in the spaghetti, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and butter; mix well. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread spinach over top.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the remaining egg. Stir in cottage cheese and remaining Parmesan. Spread over spinach. Combine pizza sauce, carrot, mushrooms, oregano, basil and garlic powder; pour over cottage cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Pasta Pie in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p207
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review