Pizza Pasta Dinner Recipe
The flavors found in this delicious dish are always welcome in Claudia Malone’s house in Louisville, Kentucky. Packed with pasta, three kinds of meats, veggies and cheese, it makes a hearty and filling meal.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the pepperoni, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 2. Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- 3. Freeze option: Do not cook or add pasta. Freeze meat sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook pasta according to package directions. Place meat sauce in a large skillet; heat through, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Add pasta and top with cheese as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC