Pizza Pasta Dinner
The flavors found in this delicious dish are always welcome in Claudia Malone’s house in Louisville, Kentucky. Packed with pasta, three kinds of meats, veggies and cheese, it makes a hearty and filling meal.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the pepperoni, tomatoes, spaghetti
- sauce, mushrooms and olives; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon,