The flavors found in this delicious dish are always welcome in Claudia Malone’s house in Louisville, Kentucky. Packed with pasta, three kinds of meats, veggies and cheese, it makes a hearty and filling meal.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the pepperoni, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Do not cook or add pasta. Freeze meat sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook pasta according to package directions. Place meat sauce in a large skillet; heat through, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Add pasta and top with cheese as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Pasta Dinner in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p29
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review