- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top.
Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time to 35-40 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Casserole
Sort By :
"Loved this! I halved it since it's just me, shared it with a friend, and we both devoured it. I will make this again, it's so easy!!"
"Our 4-H club used this recipe for a Senior Luncheon for 70 senior citizens. It's easy to make,tasty, and feeds a crowd well. It was a hit! Don't be afraid to add more sauce as it is cooking."
"Great casserole! Easy to make and taste great!"
"I initially thought it wouldn't have enough flavor but it was really good. I just made half the recipe but next time will make double and freeze half."
"I have made this using macaroni, I brown the meat and onions like mentioned in recipe mix with spaghetti sauce, cook the macaroni and drain, then layer the meat sauce first, macaroni, pepperoni, sprinkle with cheese and keep on layering until ingredients are gone. top layer should be the pepperoni and cheese, then bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes"