- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top.
Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time to 35-40 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Casserole
Sort By :
"Kids didn't care for it and if they don't like it, I won't make it again."
"big hit in our house.i use homemade sauce. after the first time i made the adjustments...more sauce. 1/4 cut the pepperoni, diced ham, diced red bell pepper, 1/2 tsp red pepper flake.freezes well."
"My boys enjoy this recipe. However, I only make one pan, so I halve the hamburger and cheese portions. I also, season the hamburger mixture with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes for spice."
"Very good. My family loved it."
"This was absolutely awful. I'm glad I only made 1/2 the recipe, because the rest went in the trash."