Pepperoni provides the zip in this pizza-flavored casserole that kids of all ages will enjoy. Serve it with a tossed salad and garlic toast, and you'll have a winner every time. —Nancy Scarlett, Graham, North Carolina
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top.
Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time to 35-40 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Originally published as Pizza Pasta Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p34
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review