Pizza Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Casserole(32)
Sort By :
The kids love it as well as the adults. I love that it makes two casseroles so you can freeze one for a later date!
My family liked this casserole, and it reheated from frozen very well also. In future batches I may add more veggies, more pepperoni or some sausage... it seemed it could do with just a little something more. It's one that I'll make again, though. Also, I agree with previous reviews that it doesn't need quite so long in the oven, 20-25 min. would be sufficient.
This was very good! The only thing I would change is to put the pepperoni in the casserole instead of on top. Think it would give it more of a pepperoni taste. Overall - great dish!
I made this tonight to take to some new neighbors that just moved into the neighborhood and a friend that was just home after surgery. I did end up adding some green peppers and some fresh garlic. It smelled and looked wonderful and can't wait to try it myself. Thanks for posting the recipe!
I used Italian sausage, added mushrooms, olives and red bell peppers - whatever you like as pizza toppings will work. Good starter recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >