- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Casserole
Sort By :
"I initially thought it wouldn't have enough flavor but it was really good. I just made half the recipe but next time will make double and freeze half."
"I have made this using macaroni, I brown the meat and onions like mentioned in recipe mix with spaghetti sauce, cook the macaroni and drain, then layer the meat sauce first, macaroni, pepperoni, sprinkle with cheese and keep on layering until ingredients are gone. top layer should be the pepperoni and cheese, then bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes"
"I've made this numerous times and it is always a hit. Easy to prepare, tasty, ingredients that I usually have on hand = a favorite recipe. I usually freeze one casserole and bake the other. I also usually just blend the pepperoni (love turkey pepperoni) into the rest of the mixture and the pepperoni doesn't dry out that way. For a nice little touch, I sprinkle a thin layer of shredded cheddar on top before it goes into the oven. I'll bet chopped black or green olives would be good, too. French bread and a green salad and you've got a wonderful, easy meal! The only thing I wish this recipe listed was the nutritional info if you're cutting 16 servings and the nutritional info if you're serving 20. That would be very helpful for those of us who are working to eat as healthy as possible."
"I cooked this I used sausage not ground meat and it was good"
"I halved this recipe the first time I made it because if I didn't like it, I didn't want to be stuck with another whole casserole. There was no need to do that though because this was great! I did half beef and half sausage just for personal preference. I will be making this again and again!"