Pizza Pasta Casserole
Pepperoni provides the zip in this pizza-flavored casserole that kids of all ages will enjoy. Serve it with a tossed salad and garlic toast, and you'll have a winner every time. —Nancy Scarlett, Graham, North Carolina
16-20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in
- spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated
- Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 301 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet