Pizza Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 301 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.