Pizza Pasta Bake
I found this recipe in a cookbook 33 years ago, when I was newly married. It's tasty and simple to prepare-just right for a busy couple. It's also easy to double for a family of four.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- In a skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the macaroni, tomato
- sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, water, oregano and pepper.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or
- until liquid is absorbed and casserole is heated through. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 379 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,174 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a