Pizza Pasta Bake Recipe
I found this recipe in a cookbook 33 years ago, when I was newly married. It's tasty and simple to prepare-just right for a busy couple. It's also easy to double for a family of four.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the macaroni, tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, water, oregano and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a lightly greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and casserole is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 379 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,174 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC