I found this recipe in a cookbook 33 years ago, when I was newly married. It's tasty and simple to prepare-just right for a busy couple. It's also easy to double for a family of four.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- In a skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the macaroni, tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, water, oregano and pepper.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and casserole is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Macaroni Bake in Reminisce July/August 2004, p49
Reviews for Pizza Pasta Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review