Pizza Parlor Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/3 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1-1/3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble the sausage into a small skillet; add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- 2. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheeses. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 448 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1277mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Pizza Parlor Pasta
"Love this recipe. Tweaked it alittle by adding a few more vegetables to the sauce (fresh tomatoes and mushrooms), and added a little bacon that I had on hand. So quick and easy too."
"Nice small recipe to make, freeze and take in our motorhome."