Pizza Parlor Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/3 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1-1/3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble the sausage into a small skillet; add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- 2. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheeses. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
One serving: 1 cup (prepared with turkey sausage and reduced-fat cheese) equals 448 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,277 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Parlor Pasta
"Love this recipe. Tweaked it alittle by adding a few more vegetables to the sauce (fresh tomatoes and mushrooms), and added a little bacon that I had on hand. So quick and easy too."
"Nice small recipe to make, freeze and take in our motorhome."