- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/3 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1-1/3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble the sausage into a small skillet; add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheeses. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Parlor Pasta in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p29
Reviews for Pizza Parlor Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
"Love this recipe. Tweaked it alittle by adding a few more vegetables to the sauce (fresh tomatoes and mushrooms), and added a little bacon that I had on hand. So quick and easy too."
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2010
"Nice small recipe to make, freeze and take in our motorhome."