Pizza Pancakes Recipe
"I clipped this recipe from our local paper a few years ago," recalls Maxine Smith from Owanka, South Dakota. "It's a tasty lunch treat for hearty appetites. Plan on doubling the recipe for hungry grandkids," she adds.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and Italian seasoning. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes and green pepper.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the seconds side is golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 14 pancakes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 794 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC