"I clipped this recipe from our local paper a few years ago," recalls Maxine Smith from Owanka, South Dakota. "It's a tasty lunch treat for hearty appetites. Plan on doubling the recipe for hungry grandkids," she adds.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and Italian seasoning. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes and green pepper.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the seconds side is golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 14 pancakes.
Originally published as Pizza Pancakes in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p40
Reviews for Pizza Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review