- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 plum tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and Italian seasoning. In another bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in cheese, pepperoni, tomato and pepper.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat; grease lightly. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 14 pancakes.
Reviews for Pizza Pancakes
"We make something very similar, but instead of using biscuit mix we use our regular h/m pancake recipe and add the spices and onions, grated cheese, peppers, real bacon bits, and mushrooms to the batter, then fry up. Very yummy. We serve with honey mustard and ketchup but pizza sauce would work as well, I suppose."
"The perfect breakfast or brunch food for pizza lovers! I read the other reviews, and added some garlic powder, onion powder, and a few other spices. The second time we made them we omitted the pepperoni and they were just as good. I added onions and other colors of peppers. Instead of mixing the cheese in, we put it on top of the cooked pancakes. Yummy! This recipe is a keeper and easily adjustable!"
"My family loves this recipe! We make these fairly often, and sometimes we use different vegetables in thses pancakes such as mushrooms and onions. I have even tripled the batch for a crowd."
"These were okay. I thought they were very bland. My hubby liked them , though. Topped with sauce and sprinkled cheese and ate like regular pancakes."
"we tryed this, I wish I would have trippled it. I added hambugar & onions. delicious"