Pizza on the Grill Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the oil, sugar, baking soda, salt and 2 cups flour. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from grill. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spread over the crust. Sprinkle with green pepper and cheese. Grill, covered, 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice: 757 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1525mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein.
Reviews for Pizza on the Grill
"This pizza had a great taste. I did use a pouch mix crust to save time. Looking forward to trying this crust recipe in the future. I also substituted onions for the green peppers. I used not quite 3/4 cup of BBQ sauce and thought it was a little too much. The next time I would use the 1/2 cup."
"I have made this recipe so many times I have lost track....yup...it is t-h-a-t good! I also make it in the oven. Set to 350 degrees. I saute my onions and peppers in a little olive oil before adding on top and my BBQ is 1/2 bulls eye original and 1/2 Heinz 57. Combo that with a good cojack cheese...MMMMMMM. Love this crust. Very different and everyone loves it. I also cook it on a pizza stone with parchment paper underneath, par cooking it for 6 minutes before adding toppings. If you love BBQ chicken, you will enjoy this."
"Our first grilled pizza! Very easy to prepare and the crust was delicous. This receipe will be used over and over again this summer."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.