Pizza Noodle Bake Recipe
This family-pleasing casserole from Bernice Knutson of Soldier, Iowa comes together in a snap. It’s perfect for an easy weeknight meal and can easily be doubled and frozen for later.
- 10 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add pizza sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain noodles.
- 3. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, beef mixture, cheeses and pepperoni. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. Serve immediately or before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months.
- 5. To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 644 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 913 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 43 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC