Pizza Noodle Bake Recipe
- 10 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce and mushrooms; heat through.
- 2. Drain noodles. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, beef mixture, cheeses and pepperoni. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole for up to 3 months. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 644 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 913mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 43g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Noodle Bake
"i made this dish yesterday but without the pepperoni and the all family loved it"
"This was o.k. I would have preferred it without pepperoni."
"Great recipe! I added some garlic and Italian seasoning for more flavor. This is a very versatile recipe that can be suited to your family's tastes. My picky kids loved it so I will definitely keep this in the rotation."
"Made recipe to a T, simply awesome. From the kids to adults, a family favorite!"
"I've tried a lot of baked pasta recipes, and so far this is my favorite. I think it's because it's easy to spice differently to match the cook's and family's taste, and it is really good as leftovers as well. I also like that it's incredibly cheap to make. I only had to buy the pepperoni and the onion and pepper, so it cost me less than 5 bucks. I like to make it on Sunday evening so I can stick it in my Rubbermaid containers and bring it to work all week. Also, my picky 4-year-old munchkin will eat it, so that's another plus."
"Enjoyed the meal however spices were lacking. I prefer garlic pepper and italian seasoning. Spice to taste made this the perfect evening meal. Garlic bread too!"
"This sounds great for a pizza-loving crowd!"
"We all enjoyed this! I love how quick it was to put together. I omitted green pepper & mushrooms (we don't like them). I added a little mild Italian sausage (nice added flavor) & used a whole onion instead of 1/2 cup. All other ingredients were included as written. We will make again."
"JUST AS GOOD AS LASAGNA"
"Made this today and I loved it...very nice flavor...not too spicy, not too bland. Easy to make and would be easy to tweek if wanted."
"Made this just as recipe called for except added more spices (oregano, basil, italian seasoning). Next time I would double the pizza sauce."
"Excellent recipe. I used 4 cups of uncooked bow tie noodles. I fry, drain, and freeze ground beef ahead to make quicker preparation. So I may have had a little more ground beef, I added another third jar of pizza sauce. My family loved the casserole."
"This was a very quick meal. I'd much rather just make pizza. Don't think I'll be making this much."