If you like pizza, here's a muffin recipe that combines many of the ingredients that make pizza taste so good.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In a bowl, combine the
- flour, baking powder, sugar, oregano and salt. Combine the egg,
- butter, tomatoes and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon
- Parmesan cheese.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with the
- remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a
- toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing
- to a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium,