Pizza Muffins Recipe
If you like pizza, here's a muffin recipe that combines many of the ingredients that make pizza taste so good.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, oregano and salt. Combine the egg, butter, tomatoes and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC