- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, oregano and salt. Combine the egg, butter, tomatoes and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Muffins
"I recall preparing these muffins more than one time! I omitted the sugar. I also used 1 tsp. salt and if dried oregano isn't available, I've used Italian seasoning instead. I recall using at least 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, DIVIDED. These muffins went over well when I contributed them for our coffee hour at our chapel or simply just to share them with friends! delowenstein"
"It was very nice and yummy to have them while warm. I just added chilli flakes too as a seasoning to give an extra punch!!"