With mozzarella cheese inside, these tender meatballs taste almost like pizza. Whether I make them for a church potluck or a family gathering, they're a hit with all ages. --Kim Kanatzar, Blue Springs, Missouri
16 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 jars (28 ounces each) pizza sauce
- Hot cooked pasta or rice or sandwich buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 48 meatballs.
- Stuff a cube of cheese into the center of each meatball, covering the
- cheese completely with meat. Roll lightly in flour.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add pizza sauce;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or
- until meatballs are no longer pink. Serve with pasta, rice, in buns
- or as an appetizer. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 282 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium,