Pizza Meatballs Recipe
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 jars (28 ounces each) pizza sauce
- Hot cooked pasta or rice or sandwich buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 48 meatballs.
- Stuff a cube of cheese into the center of each meatball, covering the cheese completely with meat. Roll lightly in flour.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add pizza sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Serve with pasta, rice, in buns or as an appetizer. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pizza Meatballs(8)
Sort By :
I made the meatballs and brought them to a potluck as an appetizer. They were a hit! A nice change from typical meatball recipes.
These were really good. I halved the recipe for us. I served them as subs, but I think next time I would serve them over pasta.
My 11 year old niece made the meatballs and they are delicious!!!!
Made this for supper last night. I thought it was good, but my hubby really liked and he ate all the leftovers!! I thought the browning was a pain so if I make this again, I think I will try baking the meatballs in the oven and then add them to the sauce.
Time consuming to stuff, but very tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >