Pizza Meatball Subs Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 to 7 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 to 7 submarine buns, split
- 9 to 11 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, steak sauce, saltines, onion powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread mayonnaise over bun bottoms; top each with American cheese, 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, meatballs and remaining pizza sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-7 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Meatball Subs(9)
Sort By :
Made these for dinner and the family declared it a keeper. I used ground turkey in place of the ground beef and used thinly cut cheddar cheese in place of the American (didn't have any on hand). I also used whole wheat bread crumbs in place of the saltines. I liked this recipe because it was quick to put together, even making the meatballs. We will be enjoying this one again!
Easy to make, and delicious. Everyone loved the subs! Will definitely make this again.
My 7 year old loves this recipe, but we leave off the American cheese.
Just finished with dinner and it was a huge hit with the family! Will definitely make this again!
Easy to make and the whole family loved it! Thanks :-)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >