Pizza Meatball Subs Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 to 7 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 to 7 submarine buns, split
- 9 to 11 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, steak sauce, saltines, onion powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread mayonnaise over bun bottoms; top each with American cheese, 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, meatballs and remaining pizza sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-7 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Meatball Subs(8)
Sort By :
Easy to make, and delicious. Everyone loved the subs! Will definitely make this again.
My 7 year old loves this recipe, but we leave off the American cheese.
Just finished with dinner and it was a huge hit with the family! Will definitely make this again!
Easy to make and the whole family loved it! Thanks :-)
You can use ground turkey in place of the beef. Using a broililng pan will reduce fat content. Very tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >