Pizza Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add 3/4 cup of pizza sauce, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Combine beef and sausage; add to egg mixture and mix well. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Drain. Spoon remaining pizza sauce over meat loaf; bake 15 minutes longer or until no pink remains. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 405 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.