This is a fun and flavorful loaf that will please the palates of those who like pizza. The sauce and cheese really star.—Jim Hopkins, Whittier, California
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add 3/4 cup of pizza sauce, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Combine beef and sausage; add to egg mixture and mix well. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Drain. Spoon remaining pizza sauce over meat loaf; bake 15 minutes longer or until no pink remains. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Meat Loaf in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pizza Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review