- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional pizza sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, pizza sauce, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide among 12 greased muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides. Fill centers with cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve immediately with additional pizza sauce if desired. Or cool, place in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen pizza cups: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Heat on a microwave-safe plate on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pizza Meat Loaf Cups
"I'm going to definitely make these for my grand kids. I know they will love them made just as the recipe is written. For me though, I could have used a little more flavor. I think a 1/4 pound of Italian sausage and some oregano would do the trick."
"Can't wait to try"
"I used 1lb ground beef and a half pound Italian sausage. It was really good. Kids and hubby liked them. Easy!"
"I've made this recipe several times already. Super quick, easy and most importantly tasty. Love this recipe, I make it exactly as recipe says. Perfect every time."
"The first time I made these I used turkey sausage and added some turkey pepperoni. Loved them, they were very saucy but perfect with a breadsticks on the side to soak of the sauce. The next time I used 1/2 ground venison, 1/2 turkey sausage....didn't like as well. Also added some onion & green pepper chopped. They did freeze well so that was a nice bonus!"
"I thought these were really good, my whole family enjoyed them and thought they tasted good. I doubled the recipe and put the leftovers in the freezer. I will definitely make these again!"
"While this recipe tastes good, I found it messy and greasy to work with. One easy solution that I will adapt for next time is to butter one side of a slice of white bread with crust removed and push into muffin tin. Then place the meat mixture raw into the bread with an cookie/ice cream scoop, then bake as normal. The bottom of the bread gets very crispy and eliminates the greasy mess in the muffin tins. I made this for my freezer cooking co-op and will probably do again."
"I thought these were pretty good, but a bit bland. I used roasted garlic seasoned breadcrumbs - next time I will probably add some garlic salt and some ground black pepper. My 8 year-old son liked them, but even he said they needed a little more flavor. Will definitely make them again!"
"I made this a few nights ago. It was a huge hit. My six year old son who only eats hot dogs or chicken nuggets asked for seconds and keeps asking when I am going to make it again."
"I decided to go a different route, since I didn't have any pizza sauce. I substituted ketchup and a little mustard for the sauce, and American cheese and made little mini cheeseburger meatloaves. Fabulous!! :)"