Pizza Macaroni Bake Recipe
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni; stir in the contents of cheese packet.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Top with the beef mixture, pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Macaroni Bake
"So simple my 7yo made it (with just a little help!) and the whole family loved it! I added just a splash of milk when mixing up the macaroni."
"Very good. I used two boxes of macaroni (Annie's organic) and ground turkey in place of hamburger. My boys loved it."
"I ran across this recipe while looking for something different to cook and use some of the pepperoni I had sitting in the fridge before it went bad. I was skeptical with how the pasta and pizza combination would be but also intrigued so I thought what the heck I'll try it. I followed the recipe to a T except for adding a half a box more of the Mac n cheese dinner. I've got to say that both I and my husband were amazed at how good this dish really was. The flavors melded perfectly. My only complaint was that I felt the mac n cheese was just a tad bit on the dry side but not a lot. I think next time I'll just go ahead and use both boxes of mac n cheese and add just a little bit of milk to make it easier to mix the dry powder in the noodles. I will be making this recipe again. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"I made this as is the first time and it was good. After that I did what tonyarn did as well as added 2 c. shredded Jack cheese and it kicked it up a notch. EXCELLENT!!! I lost track of how many times I made this."
"I have made this recipe several times and my family loves it. The only changes I make is that I use 2 boxes of macaroni and cheese and I prepare the macaroni and cheese as it directs on the package."
"I made this recipe and it was deliciousWould make again also-made to take to a sick friend and her son smelled when I bought it in it a said he couldn't wait to eat it."
"I have made this recipe several times now for my family and they always want to know when I will be making it again. It is very simple to make and is very delicious. Good for potlucks with lots of kids."
"When I first came across this recipe I was thinking pizza sauce and pepperoni on macaroni and cheese? Figuring I'd give it a shot anyway I was NOT disappointed. My son didn't think he would like it either but he smiled wide and said this is "my third favorite now." Will definitely make this again!"