Pizza Macaroni Bake Recipe
What do you get when you combine macaroni and cheese with pizza fixings? This hearty family-pleasing casserole shared by Nancy Porterfield from Gap Mills, West Virginia. "It's easy and tasty, and my grandchildren really like it," she says.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni; stir in the contents of cheese packet.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Top with the beef mixture, pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 826 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC