Pizza Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Drain; return to pan. Stir in contents of cheese packets and sour cream. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and pizza sauce; drop by spoonfuls over macaroni. Top with peppers, cheese and pepperoni. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 340 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 927mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Macaroni & Cheese
"This was delicious and so easy. I "oopsed" and didn't pay attention to the mac & cheese box size so ended up using 2 regular size boxes. Just cut the sauce and tomatoe ammounts in half and cooked in an 11 x 7 pan. Great the next day too. Thanks!"
"Loved how quick and easy this was to make. It was a big hit with the family too. I may try spicing things up next time with jalape?os."
"My kids loved this. Made as directed except for green pepper. No one likes them. I also make mac n cheese casserole with my home made chilli. Kids like that also.........so now I have two same (but different taste) casseroles to put into rotation."
"Simple to prepare and leftovers taste great. I like this recipe because it is easy to customize to my family's taste. I chopped the pepperoni into quarters and microwaved it on some paper towel for 30 seconds to remove some of the fat before adding it to the top of the casserole. I will definitely be making this again."
"My family liked this because we could customize it to our own pizza topping preferences. It's a hearty meal and the leftovers the next day tasted even better!Combining mac n cheese and pizza, who would'a thunk!"
"Tried this tonight and we both liked it. I am bringing the leftovers to work tomorrow."
"Simple and easy recipe. It's like a combination of Mac&cheesse and Pizza. Which kids love. Will make it again."
"Simple, easy and very kid-friendly. It is not gourmet, but it is very good. I tried several different casseroles over the span of a couple of weeks and this was by far the favorite of my husband and children. I will keep this recipe tucked away for when I need something quick and easy yet filling."
"I made it as stated. Looked good on paper but was terrible in reality."
"This was really easy to put together and it was really tasty. I left the peppers out because DH and the kids don't care for them. Yummy!"
"This was very easy, my husband really enjoyed it. I forgot the pizza sauce, but I had an extra can of diced tomatoes with basil and oregano. I put that in the small food processor I have and made my own sauce. It worked well and tasted just fine. I made it for my husband and I and these types of casseroles are great for leftovers...lunch and dinner!"