Pizza Macaroni & Cheese
My grandma made this for us once when she came to visit and I never forgot just how good it was. Since my kids love anything with pepperoni and cheese, I thought they'd enjoy it just as much as I did. —Juli Meyers, Hinesville, Georgia
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package
- directions for al dente. Drain; return to pan. Stir in contents of
- cheese packets and sour cream. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and pizza sauce; drop by spoonfuls
- over macaroni. Top with peppers, cheese and pepperoni. Bake,
- uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 340 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 927 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a