Pizza Mac Casserole Recipe
In Marion, Indiana, Trish Quinn serves her family this tasty variation on a basic ground beef and noodle casserole. "This satisfying main dish is simple to make because it uses convenient pizza sauce," she relies. At 83¢ a helping, it's economical, too.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the macaroni, onion, green pepper and pizza sauce.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Mac Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p22
Reviews for Pizza Mac Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2012
I won't pin it though because there is no picture.