In Marion, Indiana, Trish Quinn serves her family this tasty variation on a basic ground beef and noodle casserole. "This satisfying main dish is simple to make because it uses convenient pizza sauce," she relies. At 83¢ a helping, it's economical, too.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the macaroni, onion, green pepper and pizza sauce.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Mac Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p22
Reviews for Pizza Mac Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2014
"Very nice potluck dish. Always a hit with grownups and kids too! You could add any traditional pizza toppings such as mushrooms, peppers and black olives for a supreme pizza mac!"
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2012
"I won't pin it though because there is no picture."