What do you get when you combine macaroni and cheese with pizza fixings? This hearty family-pleasing casserole! It's easy and tasty, and my grandchildren really like it.—Nancy Porterfield, Gap Mills, West Virginia
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain macaroni; stir in contents of cheese packet. Transfer to a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Top with the beef mixture, pizza sauce, pepperoni and remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Mac & Cheese in Fast Fixes with Mixes 2011, p35
Reviews for Pizza Mac & Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2014
"A real keeper, may double it next time."
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2014
"Just tried this last night......easy to make and tastes wonderful!!"
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2014
"Absolutely a keeper in our home."