- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain macaroni; stir in contents of cheese packet. Transfer to a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Top with the beef mixture, pizza sauce, pepperoni and remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Mac & Cheese
"Been making this for years. Easy & delicious. A fun alternative to pizza."
"Just tried this last night......easy to make and tastes wonderful"
"Really yummy! Fun to look at, too. We made homemade mac & cheese instead of boxed, but it still tasted great. Nice combo of two favorite foods!"
"A real keeper, may double it next time."
"Just tried this last night......easy to make and tastes wonderful!!"
"Absolutely a keeper in our home."