What do you get when you combine macaroni and cheese with pizza fixings? This hearty family-pleasing casserole! It's easy and tasty, and my grandchildren really like it.—Nancy Porterfield, Gap Mills, West Virginia
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain macaroni; stir in contents of cheese packet. Transfer to a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Top with the beef mixture, pizza sauce, pepperoni and remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Mac & Cheese in Fast Fixes with Mixes 2011, p35
Reviews for Pizza Mac & Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review