Pizza Lover's Pie Recipe
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed and halved
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside.
- Roll half of dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Layer with half of the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and pizza sauce. Top with the sausage mixture, pepperoni, mushrooms and 1/8 teaspoon oregano.
- Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie. Place over filling; seal edges. Layer with remaining pizza sauce, cheeses and oregano.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pizza Lover's Pie(5)
Sort By :
So good....and yummy. .....I did use 2 cans of pizza dough
for my pizza pie crust & the top layer however. It turned out great too! This is a keeper pizza pie recipe that really changes your regular ol slice of pizza into something with much more depth of textures and flavors....oh yea, I also added a sprinkle of bacon bits to the inside toppings. Thanks for Sharing!
I would make it a bit different cuz I do not eat meat that often..Ingredients
1/4 pound bulk pork sausage (or no meat.. using black beans instead!)
1/2 cup chopped green & red peppers
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed and halved
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (or Mexican mixed cheese)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
8 slices pepperoni
1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Thanks for an awesome idea!
Excellent! Pizza Night is Friday Night in our house and this was a winner. I will admit that frozen bread dough can be a pain to spread in the pan but in the end it was worth it!
My husband loves his pizza, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it.
It was a hit. I used my own pizza dough recipe and next time I might try making a stuffed crust pie! This was a really tasty and satisfying supper dish.
This was really delicious! I did end up leaving out the mushrooms because they are not very popular in my house. I will definitely be making this again and again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >